Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: To Wise County SB, AD, BOS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Guest 's Avatar

    To Wise County SB, AD, BOS

    You all seem to have your own agenda and selling what you want for your districts.
    I was under the impression most was to vote for the best of what was best for Wise County as a whole.
    But what i have learned from many.
    Well that is not the truth. Some will sell out anyone for what they want.
    What happened to working for what is best for Wise County, the people and our Children?
    As i have stated in a previous post and as many know.
    You all are corrupt to a certain extent. Not all but enough to push their agenda's through.
    To you all. If you back door politics concerning our school system is something you can live with. Well you all are liars. And we know where your vote is from. It is now well established if the 2003 plan is laid out again with a few changes. Well everyone will figure it out, who screwed over who.
    All i can say, is you will answer in court who and what pursuaded your vote.
    Our children will not be hurt due to old ideas and back door politics.
    You all say it does not happen. Your all liars.
    From teachers to those who know about what goes one with bids can call you all liars.
    Our BOS uses those on the school board to push through what they want, but do not have the guts to work on.
    It's pretty sad, when teachers to principals to even those in the administration and teacher, will say yes the system is corrupt.
    I a persoon who is in Wise County im ashamed of you all. Problem is it's not everyone but a chosen few.
    And a few who will give up a vote that involves millions of dollars, based on i'll vote yes, if i get what i want for my school or my district.
    You all need to step back and look in the mirror. Your exactly what has killed the faith of many in the political system.
    Yet you ask our children to believe in the system?
    How when those who represent them are corrupt?
    I know you don't want to hear it or face it. Yet the truth is the truth.
    Even within your own many say it's corrupt and wrong.
    If they can say it. Why can't you. And why can't you do what is right?
    You want good education and good kids. Well kids learn by example. Your some example aren't you? No. Your a sad and pathetic example.
    I wish you all endless nights of no sleep for your willingness to sell out our children and our county for your own agenda.
    You earn respect. And most of you. You've earned nothing but disrespect. Why? Your liars and you manipulate the system.
    I hope some day you face all you have done. And no it won't be good.
    To my fellow Appy people and Dawgs. Fight this. It is already planned out. Also those from Pound. You and us from Appy have been the traget and yes we will be gone.
    Time the lies and back door [censored] ends.
    Our county is corrupt from some from the BOS, SB, to the school Administration.
    When teachers and even principals say it. Well i think it's time some take notice.
    Do what is right or find yourselves fighting a battle that, will expose many, and some may find surprising.
    Don't vote when you know your voting wrong, or for a reason, you want.
    Sorry but many have figured it out. The BS is over. Time for many to figure out. Wise County will not stand for it.
    Corruption from all the above mentioned. And even your teachers and other employees know it? So want to say we are lying?
    No your the liars, with your back door politics. Sorry time that [censored] ends.

  2. #2
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: To Wise County SB, AD, BOS

    Preach the good word of the Dawg.
    We must overcome.
    Corrupt is corrupt even if its not corrupt if its corrupt against ust!
    How would you like it to know you could be shut down?
    I don't care the Wise Board goes bankrupt they keep our school open!
    I know how politics is and politics is bad and dirty.
    Thankfully our good friends on the BOS and SB who wont our school open do the right thing.
    Right is right and we are right to want our school open
    Only our people do right others are corrupt.
    Ours tell us what we want to hear so they are honest!
    I will gladly pay more to keep my school open! I will pay all they want as long as I dont pay more than my fair share which should be less now!
    200000 is nothing when compared with the money at the AD that they pay for salaries and office equipment!
    If they cut 5 positions there they could triple that! maybe even have double!
    Then with 400000 we can keep our school open and Dawgs will rain!
    If the state comes in and tries to do anything we will sew them too they can close other schools they will not close our school!
    If you lie then we can lie and we will lie better and do better because we never will be defeated and if other school suffer i say so we have suffered so now must others!

  3. #3
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: To Wise County SB, AD, BOS

    Ok, I don't know who the 'people in the know' are, but I have ideas. I also know that when information is coming from people who are completely against something, maybe they aren't the best sources of information.

    A school board member from, what is it, District 1, campaigned on one issue, that he would be against consolidation no matter what.

    Now how can anybody say that they are doing or will do what is best for everybody, if they go into something with their minds made up?

    That's another thing, all this talk from people in the know, teachers, principals, etc. Yes some will be against it, some will not. That does not make the ones who have an opposite opinion corrupt, as you like to say.

    What is the big gain that they supposedly are getting from shutting Appalachia down? Is there some million dollar bonus coming to them? I mean if they are corrupt as you say, what's their motivation??

    Your motivation of wanting Appalachia open is clear, but why do they want it closed? I mean give some facts, you say they need to give you numbers, give logical reasons and not just mumbo jumbo.

    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  4. #4
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: To Wise County SB, AD, BOS

    Rocketer ever time i point out problems you come back with your own opinion, that is good and fine. But a few questions and observations and concerns of my own. This does not concern Dickenson County. And to be honest. Is it just me or do you really care what happen here in Wise County.
    You don't live here do you? I know you work for the County. And you have to know it is not the most honest of places? True or False.
    As far as what is to be gained. A whole lot. $54 million dollars is alot of money. Someone will benefit greatly from it. But not the Children. Let's be honest. You seem to want to talk that way.
    Is Wise county what you think it is? Is there no corruption? You work for the county, you should have a litte insight.
    And it is not the person who said they would not vote for consolidation. It is others who have played along, when teachers, principals and those who work in and around the administration say it's corrupt. Well i tend to believe it.
    If you look at some of the things that have went on and i do mean look and not try to say "i wonder if they will be able to even have a meeting, if there will not be trouble." What exactly would there be trouble about.
    In all honesty i would like to know why you a person living outside Wise County has such an interest in Wise County and this project? Dickenson has their own going and i never hear much said about it. Other than a nick name and some plans that are what now 5 yrs old? And not the first shovel of dirt moved, yet you yourself seem consumed with this issue? Do you have kids in Wise County schools, any family at all? Or just a concerned onlooker?
    All i will say i find it odd, every time i point out things i hear from those who are in the know, principals, teachers, and others within the educational system, you come to the defense of the administration, or point out others? What's the deal? Try to make me look bad all you want. I honestly don't mind. And yes this is a discussion and open to opinions. But some of even what you say is wrong. Like the gentleman who spoke had to be escorted to his car? Im sure some one was going to attack him. He was what probably in his early to mid 60's? And i think someone else mentioned if you keep talking you may need an escort, that didn't come from the audience, that come from a microphone, i think Mr. Basham or some one else.
    Now there is talk of closed door meetings? Why involve the public. It will just be their money and schools and their kids futures. But why involve them at all? Or take public comments, they never answer any question any way?
    It seems to me to be a done deal. Just some who need to finish up their agenda's, and make sure they get what they want done in this project, from our BOS, SB, and Administration.
    And yes one reason i know. I've ask a few, teachers, principals, and those who work in and around the administration. And it all comes back to one thing.
    They all have their own agenda's in this consolidation effort, even working with others, we can't do it, so scratch my back, and i'll take care of you next time around.
    If anything you yourself have proved why we, the citizens can not work with any of them. They have it all done. And mention anything, well what reply do you get. None.
    Closed minded people we are? Only think one way? No.
    People tired of getting screwed over by many. When prinicipals, teachers and those even within the administration say it. Well i would tend to believe it.
    Ok now back to you for rebuttal.

  5. #5
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: To Wise County SB, AD, BOS

    LPD, you point out problems, I asked for FACTS. You rant, and you rave, but you give no facts. This does not concern Dickenson County? Ok, lets look. Wise County consolidates, you all have less schools, therefore we have to find more games. We consolidate, you all don't. We have to find opponents due to being larger, and thats just on a sports side issue. I live in Dickenson County now, I work in Wise County. There is no guarantee that either of those will stay the same. So yes, what happens in the next county, affects me because it might not be the next county, so see there are some facts.

    Now then your next topic, its not the most honest of places. Where in the world is the most honest of places? Its politics, there are always going to be people who do things behind closed doors. That doesn't mean that the people who 'support your view' don't do the same thing, true or false?

    Let's forget the 54 million. That was in 2003. This is 2005. The same number may appear again. I'll give you that. It very well may, but lets see it appear before you start a relgious pilgrimage against it. If information is coming to you through 'people in the know' before the people who should know have the information, is that not dishonest and corrupt and backdoor?? If the people who have to fund issues don't know the numbers and facts and you, as Joe Citizen of Appalachia do know through someone who has connections, then your person is not doing a fair service and allowing the process, they are reacting instead of allowing a fair and honest interpration of the facts.

    Now I'll ask you again, was there not a person on the school board who was elected with one campaign issue, more or less, and that issue being they would be against consolidation NO MATTER WHAT. That isn't someone who you can say is doing the best for the kids, because times change. Issues change. Education changes. Our parents were taught Latin in schools, we are taught Spanish. If they were to combine Appalachia and Powell Valley into one school, it wouldn't be bigger than Powell Valley used to be. I'm sure that 50 years ago that people in East Stone wanted to keep their school too. I'm sure that people all the communities wanted to keep their little schools open, but they had to accept change and I'm sure that they thought there was evil people doing things to just hammer them then too.

    Get past the corruption. There is corruption, no doubt, there is corruption in our local government, school boards, state government, federal government, every branch of government you want to go to, there is corruption. Sitting here beating in the head isn't going to make it disappear. If you're in for the best interest of the kids, worry about the best interest of the kids, the education and ability to have a high quality, college ready education, and not how Billy Bob at the school board got a 5000 raise because Appalachia closed or Pounds closed. Yes, if you ask people who work as teachers, principals and those who work around, you're going to get people who say they are corrupt. Guess what, you could ask another 20 people and they might say those people are corrupt. Just because someone says what you like, doesn't mean they are pure and innocent while the people who say what you don't like are corrupt. That's extremely unrealistic!!!!

    You always go to the Dickenson County one. I've stated repeatedly that while I don't want Clintwood gone, I accept that changes are needed. Do I think 1 school is in the best interest? No, I would prefer 2. However, and I don't know if you noticed this, right now its pretty much a dead issue. We're in a wait and see mode. I could comment on it but until the process begins, who do I comment to or what good does it do? I mean I might as well say that I'm completely for a mission to Mars. I mean its been discussed before, but I haven't seen them speeding the old process along.

    What would the trouble be about is the next thing you ask? Well, when you have comments in the paper basically endorsing harassment, then I call that trouble. If someone is on the school board, then yes, you have the right to tell them your opinion. You do not however have the right to harass them, you do not have the right to threaten to 'kick their ass' and yes, that is a direct quote that I myself heard from a 'concerned citizen' to more than 1 school board member.

    Again, yes right now I don't live in Wise County, but I'm honest enough to look big picture and figure that I may end up having to and have been looking (as I recall having mentioned looking for houses on here more than once), so directly yes it very much can affect me.

    Question for you, do you have kids in the school system?

    If you find it odd that when you say something, I question it, well you can just find it odd. If you would give reasons and not just scream dirty politics, or corruption or start the Appalachia minutemen militia into gear, maybe I wouldn't . Yes, you talk to teachers, principals, and those who work in the administration, first off, do you think you are the only one who talks to people??? You know others talk to people too. Maybe the people you talk to are corrupt! Maybe the people I talk to are corrupt. Maybe they all are, thats why FACTS are what is requested, not double talk. I mean I swear, you should be a politician, because in a 10 paragraph post, you give absolutely no facts nor not an answer, sounds like a politician to me! *lol*

    How do I defend the administration? I say see what they have to say. If its the same, then complain but don't go by 'what you hear' or what 'those in the know say'. Those in the know told you there was an end of the year meeting where they were gonna vote for consolidation last June was it, and the whole 'he-hire' delegation showed up for a 5 minute meeting to close out the fiscal year...the demons! There's a whole lot of talk and not a freaking lot of content. I'm a numbers person. If you can show me why something is bad, I'll be against it. If you can show me why something is good, I'll be for it. I realize that there's a lot of emotion in this, but when you're making fiscal decisions, emotions have to limited. Like I said, what would it take for most of the people who show at these meeeting to be in favor of Appalachia ever closing??? You could provide proof that the entire county would be bankrupt in 2 months by having the school open and the only thing that would keep the county able to function would be to close Appalachia, and a decent portion of the group would say "I don't believe it" or 'Let's see how we are in 2 months". If you know the plane is gonna crash and wait till its 20 foot off the ground to say anything, guess what, its to late.

    Read what you yourself typed, here let me quote it for you. </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    And yes one reason i know. I've ask a few, teachers, principals, and those who work in and around the administration. And it all comes back to one thing.
    They all have their own agenda's in this consolidation effort

    [/ QUOTE ] BINGO!!!

    Even the people you ask have their own agenda! I'm not blind enough to say that the people I talk to don't have their own agenda, but you seem to think since they think they same as you, it's not an agenda. You say they do the scratch my back, I'll scratch yours, but previously you said they need to work together, yet there are plenty of comments coming before there is an official word, how does someone work with people who go by 'what they hear'?

    You say how do the citizen work with them, because they have it all done? How do they work with the people you are talking about, when they are already fanning the flames of war without a meeting even taking place!!!! If you want them to listen to you, shouldn't you listen to what they have to say??? Oh wait, I guess the rules are they listen to you, no matter if it leads all the other schools into the pits as well.

    When prinicipals, teachers and those even within the administration say it. Well i would tend to believe it. Do trust me, there are more teachers, principals, and those within the administration than just the ones you talk to. Heck since there is so much corruption, maybe the people you talk to are corrupt and lie to you just because they know your mind is made up. Nah that can't be the case because they say what you want to hear.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member belly32's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 29th, 2003
    Posts
    43
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: To Wise County SB, AD, BOS

    Where is the voice from BSG? Are they for or against this? They too will lose something in this. Longer lunch lines, less parking, larger classes, a crowded school, fewer BSG kids on teams. I have yet to hear an opinion from PV.

  7. #7
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: To Wise County SB, AD, BOS

    There is gonna be a plan laid out to put a road in around the back side of PVMS. This will reroute school traffic to the back sections, of the area and basically from what i have seen and been told.
    Bring PVHS and PVMS buses and parents out somewhere near the middle of the southern section, or a little above it. I think the county owns the land where the road will be located.
    As far as your question about the voice, well there are two. And both have said they are against consolidation and neither are not that new to the board or how things work. Just been awaiting their time, to ask and get what they want. And with the BOS courting them.
    Well it seems the plans are coming together. Even with what will be said to rid PVMS and PVHS of having to need traffic control. Yet the county owns the land, and the BOS will see this is done.
    Scratch my back, i scractch yours, we don't have to ask for a tax increase, if you handle the school situation, we will back you and help you get what you want and need, but nothing on the scale of $54 million dollars.
    We already have to many problems to deal with and we don't need this, we just had to increase the decal cost, and we can ill afford to push this ourselves.
    Scratch, scratch, scratch.

  8. #8
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: To Wise County SB, AD, BOS

    Hmm so Dickenson County's crusade into seeing Wise County does this, is based on sports, to have games and less travel time, sounds very familiar. Lee High ring a bell?
    But no agenda there?

    If it's done behind close doors why? Some afraid that they have played this out. Now they have to face up to what they have done?

    Against it in a religious pilgrammage. I think i was more or less crusading for it. Just that it is done right. Even ask a well known member of this board, to comment on it and one who has been in the system.

    Some did run and say they were against consolidation. But that doesn't mean their views have not changed.

    My person? Well their not my person. It's a few people i have just ask questions. Some that don't even know me. See when people desire to be heard but can't sometimes they will speak when ask. But when your afraid of voicing your opinion vs your job. What will you do? Lose a job of 10, 20 or 30 yrs?

    And i don't go looking for people to say what i like. When i ask for Mr G to give a reply on here. I said you have worked within the system and you know how it operates. If you would. I would like for you to address this issue. He did. I didn't go court him to say what i wanted said. And i honestly don't know how he felt about any of it. I just felt his insight would be greatly appreciated.

    Get past the corruption? How. When it seems it is so wide spread? I honestly. How do you get past corruption within your local government? That blows my mind that you would say that. Get past corruption? You can not even ask most a question, so how do you move past corruption issues? How do you move past corruption issues. I think it caused one president to resign or be impeached.

    And where was the comments endorsing harrasment, I've not read it and if it was said. Well as you say that is by what one person? Do they speak for all? Like you say those i talk to tell me what i want to hear? Do those you speak for tell you what you want to hear?

    </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    You say how do the citizen work with them, because they have it all done? How do they work with the people you are talking about, when they are already fanning the flames of war without a meeting even taking place!!!! If you want them to listen to you, shouldn't you listen to what they have to say??? Oh wait, I guess the rules are they listen to you, no matter if it leads all the other schools into the pits as well.

    When prinicipals, teachers and those even within the administration say it. Well i would tend to believe it. Do trust me, there are more teachers, principals, and those within the administration than just the ones you talk to. Heck since there is so much corruption, maybe the people you talk to are corrupt and lie to you just because they know your mind is made up. Nah that can't be the case because they say what you want to hear.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    That was your quote? My mind is made up. I was just recently trying to push this effort through. To make it happen and my mind is made up?

    As i have said. Yes i would hate to see Appy closed. But i to want what is best for Wise County and all the children and the citizens. Is renovating old building the idea? Like i said ever seen old concrete mixed with new. It don't adhese it cracks. Just like sealing a drive way.
    Im closed minded? No. I to deal with numbers and budgets. You don't fix a problem by covering it up with paint, or mortar. You fix a problem by working on it. And doint it right.
    Im for doing any thing right. Even if it means closing Appy down. But not to revamp 4 50 some year old schools at the price of 54 million dollars. Then you want to talk figures. Well even reading the CEPI report. Basically we don't need 4 schools. And based on the CEPI report, we will continue to see decling enrollment and even the speaker himself, said that with the economy, and the promise of jobs, that there is uncertaintity, just as with how much decline we will still face.

    Yet i don't look and my mind is set? No i am looking. And all i am seeing is more and more of we will do it our way, we will have no other input.

    And as we have said. I point to Dickenson and them not consolidating yet and ask why? 5 yrs and yet no dirt moved? It makes me wonder, maybe some won't all committed so, well let's say it makes it work for several counties?

    Maybe that is what some have already made up in their minds?

    And if you want, read my last reply on March 8th 2005. Yet im closed minded? No Rocketer. I see past being told lies, and doing something for the wrong reasons. Wise County stands on the threshold to do something good. Problem is. Well read it.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member retiredteach's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    853
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: To Wise County SB, AD, BOS

    I appreciate the vote of confidence in my opinion, and that is just what it is, my opinion. I am neither for nor against consolidation, but why not wait to see exactly what is proposed before any action is taken. If consolidation is proposed and even voted upon by the School Board and then does happen, let's stop for a moment and see what might happen under the present circumstances. If the name calling and threats continue, can you imagine what kind of environment your child and maybe my grandchildren might go to school in? It won't be very pleasant. Folks, we must and I emphasize, we must, and we is plural and that includes all of us, look the facts as we know them. I have watched all the Board meetings on TV, and Kyle Fletcher has some good points. Kyle is an honest man. His wife used to be my aide when I taught in St. Paul. A very fine Southern Lady, I might add. I have taught in Appy for a while and finished up in Wise for 23 some odd years. Every area, I believe in Wise County will eventually be affected. We must get beyond the emotional issues and I understand those, to see what is truly best for the students. I have heard from many former students that they were at a distinct disadvantage when they left this are to attend a so called prestigious institution of higher learning. They were not exposed to many cultural, academic, and social activities that they found they needed to succeed in these institutions. Now, I realize that when you are young, I was once young myself, that you consider most older folks ignorant and don't know anything folks. Well, I thought the same way. When I graduated from Pikeville College in 1969, my intent was to teach here a few years, pay off some college debts, and leave this place. Had some offers in Ohio and Michigan. Visited those places as as a young man, I found them very entertaining and full of things to do. Well, now, I look back and am glad I stayed here. An asset and I think a big one that this area possesses is it's people. We have some fine, old fashioned, hard working folks here, who want to stay here and raise their families and then send them off to school, but the young folks sometimes don't return. They go on to bigger and better lands and things. We must do all we can to keep those young folks here. If consolidation can help attract new industries because of an outstanding school system, who puts emotions aside and attempts to put the child first, then that is a big reason to come here to locate or to relocate. We must do all we can to keep track of what is going on in the educational ranks. Folks, consolidation will not mean the end of the world. I was raised a Big Stonian, then a Powell Valleyian, then guess what? I graduated from college and began teaching at Appalachia. I discovered that the folks in Appalachia accepted me and treated me as well as the folks in my home town. They didn't hold things against me because I had played against some of their parents in football. They just wanted a good teacher who cared about their kids. Folks, again, we must try to keep emotions out of this and step back and take a look at where we are going and how we are traveling to get there.
    You can never rise above the image that you have of yourself in your own mind."

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Merlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    377
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: To Wise County SB, AD, BOS

    I honestly believe that if a plan similar to the $54 million 2000 study is what Basham intends to recommend at Monday's meeting, then it will be dead on arrival. I too have talked to "some people" and I don't think anyone will be buying that dead horse.

    Let's wait to see what happens Monday before passing final judgement on the entire school establishment. I believe there are some good people on the SB and in the Administration. We should not condemn all over the perceived actions of a few. So, try to stay open minded until some actual facts and proposals are on the table. They really aren't now. All we have is rumors, conjectures, and misinformation. I've often heard that "Patience is a virtue." I think it is needed now so that a debate can occur. If the 2000 plan is the only one of the table and the SB does try to vote to go ahead with it, then yes, we should definitely raise all manners of heck. But, until then, a little restraint will go along way in allowing those of us who aren't "so connected" to get the whole story presented to us.
    ......and I thought truth was universal. Silly me......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •